"Red Rice Salad With Apples Walnuts and Gorgonzola"
From the Editors of Live Right Live Well
This savory, earthy salad -- with just a hint of sweetness from the apple -- features unique ingredients that are sure to impress at large parties and family gatherings. Red rice is a healthy whole grain with more protein, fiber and natural nutrients than white rice. Red walnuts, usually found in your produce department, contain heart-healthy omega-3 fats. Green apple and green onion add color along with antioxidants that may help fight Alzheimer’s disease and certain cancers.
Makes about 6.5 cups (8 1/2 servings of 3/4 cup each)
2. In a large bowl, combine cooked and cooled red rice, apple and toasted walnuts.
3. Whisk oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper and mustard together in a small bowl.
4. Pour over rice mixture and toss lightly to blend all ingredients.
5. Lightly stir in crumbled cheese. Serve immediately.
6. Refrigerate in tightly covered container.
Nutrition information (per serving)
Week 2 — Team of the Week