Top Local News Story

Fire officials: Man falls asleep in bed, catches duplex on fire

SOUTH JACKSON -- An early morning fire damaged a duplex in South Jackson on Tuesday. Investigators say the fire broke out around 4:50 a.m. on Young Street. Firefighters say someone inside was smoking in bed then fell asleep, catching the building on fire. The fire chief estimates it took crews about 20 minutes to get the fire under control. Investigators... Read more »

More Local News Stories

Neighbor saves family asleep inside burning home

BRADFORD, Tenn. -- A family is rescued from their burning home by a brave neighbor who heard the crackling from the fire in his sleep. Don Lannom, the owner of the home, said the Sunday morning fire nearly... Read More »

MGN online

West Tennessee sample ballots

BentonRead More »

Released Madison County inmate back in custody

EAST JACKSON, Tenn. - The Madison County Sheriff's Department confirms inmate Terron Kinnie, 29, of Jackson, is back in custody. Deputies arrested him after a brief foot chase around 7:30 p.m., near... Read More »

Local News Headlines

More Local News Headlines
This content requires the latest Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Click here for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.