Alarm System Saves Home after Heater Starts Fire
JACKSON, Tenn. – A Jackson woman is thankful that her home alarm system was able to call authorities to her home when a fire broke out.
The woman was not at home when a wall mounted gas heater apparently fell to the floor and started the blaze at the home on Stonewall Street just after 10:00 a.m., Wednesday. The quick notification allowed firefighters to quell the blaze before it spread.
Investigators reported damage to the floor and walls of the living room, but only smoke damage to the rest of the home.