Tools

Alarm System Saves Home after Heater Starts Fire

By news@wbbjtv.com

JACKSON, Tenn. – A Jackson woman is thankful that her home alarm system was able to call authorities to her home when a fire broke out.

The woman was not at home when a wall mounted gas heater apparently fell to the floor and started the blaze at the home on Stonewall Street just after 10:00 a.m., Wednesday. The quick notification allowed firefighters to quell the blaze before it spread.

Investigators reported damage to the floor and walls of the living room, but only smoke damage to the rest of the home.
This content requires the latest Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Click here for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.