Tools

Ambulance Catches Fire on Vann Drive

By WBBJ 7 Eyewitness News Staff
By news@wbbjtv.com

JACKSON Tenn.- A McKenzie Regional Ambulance caught fire along Vann Drive late Monday, frightening the first responders inside.

Officials said they believe the transmission caught fire in the ambulance. Paramedics inside said they noticed smoke and quickly pulled off the road and called 911.

The Jackson Police Department and Fire Department were on the scene to put out the flames and direct traffic away from the burning ambulance.

First Responders inside said they were not on-route to an emergency, and they are glad no one was hurt in the fire.
This content requires the latest Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Click here for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.