Animal Shelter Volunteers Ask For Help With Fire Hazard
BOLIVAR, Tenn-Volunteers at Hardeman County Adoptable Animals Shelter are fearing for the safety of their dogs after finding out about a faulty hot water heater.
Volunteers had a local heating company to inspect the equipment. They then learned that the heater posed an electrical fire hazard to the shelter. Hot water is needed to wash the dogs and clean the facility.
Right now the heater is kept on during the day while volunteers are working and turned off at night when the dogs are left alone. Volunteers said they are worried about what could happen to the animals when no one is there.
"If no one is here then the dogs would be trapped inside if something happened and we're worried about that," said Kim White, a volunteer.
Volunteers said they contacted officials from the Hardeman County Animal Control and hope that they can assist with a new heater.
To find out more information about how you can help, contact Hardeman County Adoptable Animals on their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/haainc or contact them directly.