Tools

Fire May Have Been Started by Molotov Cocktail

By 7 Eyewitness News Staff
By news@wbbjtv.com

Molotov cocktails are believed to be the cause of two home fires Sunday night.

Jackson firefighters were called to a house around 10:15 p.m., in the 1000-block of Belmont Street.

Investigators say it appears a bottle filled with gasoline was thrown through the kitchen window. Police also found what appeared to be bullet holes near the same window.

About two hours earlier, a homeowner in the 300-block of North Highland Avenue told firefighters a gas-bomb device was thrown through one of his windows.

No one was seriously injured in either location and the damage to the homes was not extensive. No arrests have been made.