Norovirus Sickens Residents at Healthcare Center
WBBJ 7 Eyewitness News Staff
BOLIVAR, Tenn. - A West Tennessee rehabilitation center is speaking out after a half dozen residents are sickened by norovirus.
A spokesperson with Pine Meadows Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center in Bolivar told WBBJ 7 Eyewitness News six of their residents still had the virus at the end of this week, but more of them were infected before.
"...We are taking all of the precautions to protect our residents, and the situation is under control," said Bill Gray, Vice President of Human Resources.
Pine Meadows is not alone.
Union University closed its campus for two days last week, after norovirus sickened hundreds of students and staff.