Overnight Fire Destroys Jackson Home
JACKSON, Tenn.-- Fire destroyed a home in south Jackson early Monday morning. The man who lives there was working at the time and came home to the damage.
Jackson firefighters inspected the damage at a house on North Massachusetts Street on Monday.
“I've got my guns out,” Ron Loncar said, the fire victim. “I don't know if they're really any good yet. All my instruments are gone.”
Loncar came home to the damage early Monday morning. Firefighters say it started around 2 a.m. while Loncar was at work.
“It's tragic,” Shannon Loncar said, the fire victim’s daughter. “It's sad. He has no insurance, so I mean what can you do.”
Loncar and his daughter, Shannon, planned to leave for vacation after he got off work. Instead, they spent the morning sifting through rubble, salvaging what they could.
“He has nothing,” Shannon said. “It was all in the house. He has nothing.”
Firefighters say the home is a total loss. Investigators are still trying to figure out what sparked the fire. “I feel so bad for him,” Shannon said. “It's sad I mean it's sad you know, but it happens.”
It took crews about two hours to clear the scene. Shannon says her dad does not have insurance to cover what he lost. Firefighters say no one was injured.
“Things can be replaced,” Loncar said. “I'm not worried about it. You know nobody was hurt. There was nothing in the house other than things.”