Tools

Collierville man dies in fire at his home

By news admin

COLLIERVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A Collierville man has died in a fire at his home.

City Fire Chief Jerry Crawford told The Commercial Appeal a space heater started the fire. The body of 55-year-old Denley Andrews was found on a couch where he often slept.

Crawford said the pilot light on the furnace had gone out and Andrews and 49-year-old Terry Maness, who also lived in the home, were using heaters to keep warm. Maness was awakened by a fire alarm late Saturday night, but couldn't awaken Andrews.
This content requires the latest Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Click here for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.