Woman and Son Die in KY House Fire
Investigators in Paducah believe a faulty extension cord started a fire that killed a pregnant woman and her 5-year-old son.
24-year-old Jessica Woods and her son, Day'von Robinson, died in the fire which broke out shortly after dawn Monday. Three other people who were sleeping in the home managed to escape.
The house belongs to Wood's father and stepmother. Both victims were sleeping in the same bedroom.
City of Paducah spokeswoman Pam Spencer said the survivors were awakened by smoke alarms, but were unable to open the door to the victims' bedroom. Two people who were passing by tried to open a bedroom window, but were unable to get to the woman and boy inside.