Tips From Target
Here is an email sent from Target for the tips to take if you have fallen victim to the data breach:
"Today, we’d like to provide some tips to help consumers understand actions they can take following the data breach impacting Target’s U.S. Stores. We have been aggressively pushing these messages to our guests on Facebook and Twitter and will continue to do so in the coming days.
1. Our guests will bear absolutely zero liability for any charges that they didn’t make.
2. If a guest looks at their credit or debit account and sees charges they did not make, they should contact us at 1-866-852-8680. Otherwise they do not need to call.
3. Target will never ask a guest for their social security or pin number. If a guest receives a request for that information, they should ignore or delete the communication.
4. Target will be providing free fraud monitoring to all impacted guests and will reach out to those guests in the coming weeks.
5. In addition, everyone is entitled to a free credit report, directly, from each of the three nationwide credit reporting agencies. To order an annual free report please visit www.annualcreditreport.com, call toll free at 1-877-322-8228, or directly contact the three nationwide credit reporting companies. If you aware of any suspicious activities, you should call the issuing bank.
PO Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374
PO Box 9554
Allen, TX 75013
PO Box 6790
Fullerton, CA 92834