Tools

Fire Destroys East Jackson Home

By Emily Cassulo
By ecassulo@wbbjtv.com

JACKSON, Tenn. - A fire destroyed a home in East Jackson Wednesday afternoon.

Jackson firefighters responded to a vacant house on Stoddert Street around noon Wednesday.

Officials said it started in a concealed wall space near an electrical box inside.

The property owner had the utilities turned on about 15 minutes before the fire started.

Firefighters believe the cause of the fire was electrical.

Crews were on the scene for an hour-and-a-half.

Most Popular

This content requires the latest Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Click here for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.