Restaurant Worker Saves Boys Life
A quick-thinking McDonald’s employee in Harlan has helped save the life of a 7-year-old boy.
When 21-year-old Justin Rowe heard a woman start screaming that her child was choking, he jumped into action, using the first aid training he received in high school.
Rowe told the Harlan Daily Enterprise that he used the Heimlich Maneuver on the child, which dislodged the piece of nugget
Casey Dillman, who is the boy’s mother, said she panicked and didn’t know what to do. She says her son could have died but “Justin saved his life.”
Restaurant Manager Dawn Simpson said she tries to find the best customer service people for her front-line crew, but that “Justin went above and beyond and we’re all so proud of him and what he did.”