Firefighters Battle Fire on Idlewild

This video is no longer available.

One east Jackson man is lucky to be alive, when, according to investigators, his questionable method of borrowing electricity caused his home in the 100 block of Idlewild to go up in flames. Investigators told ABC 7 Eyewitness News the homeowner’s electricity was disconnected and he had been using an extension cord to borrow power from his neighbor’s home. The cord overheated, causing the man’s house to catch fire. One room was burned, while the rest of the home suffered smoke and water damage.

Categories: Local News, News