Grant could bring new fire station to east Madison County
[gtxvideo vid=”skeq5Ndj” playlist=”” pid=”OTSe9U1y” thumb=”http://player.gtxcel.com/thumbs/skeq5Ndj.jpg” vtitle=”MCFD Possible Location 6”]
MADISON COUNTY, Tenn. — There may be a new fire station coming to east Madison County, if a grant is approved. County commissioners on Monday approved for the fire department to apply for a grant that would help fund the new fire station. Fire officials say adding another station in the Law Road area would help expand their coverage area and bring insurance rates down for residents in the area. “Residents that live more than five miles, road miles, from a fire station, and when that happens it affects your ISO rating, so we’re trying to get a fire station put on that area to cover these areas,” Chief Eric Turner said. If the county approves the station, the state would cover 90 percent of the cost. Turner says the community would cover the other 10 percent of the new station.