Family speaks, two years after loved one’s unexplainable death

[gtxvideo vid=”ljTqskUa” playlist=”” pid=”OTSe9U1y” thumb=”” vtitle=”Mom Speaks On Death PKG”]

SAVANNAH, Tenn. — It may be one of the strangest death investigations to date that the Savannah Police Department has been involved in: the death of a 40-year old mother of four, found with a gash across her neck, lying in pieces of a broken mirror. Patrecia Ledlow was found on the floor of a friend’s apartment, but her family believes this death was no accident. Her mother, Belinda Hardin has spent the last two years examining the investigation for herself. “She loved those kids and she loved her family. We loved her so much,” Hardin said. “It hurts so bad to know that she’s gone and we’ll never see her again. Her little girl prays for her every night.” Ledlow’s two youngest children now live with Hardin. Tammy Cummins, who lived across the street from Ledlow, was one of the last people to see her alive. “She had been into it with her boyfriend. She was upset,” Cummins said. The night before Ledlow’s death, Cummins said she drove her to a home on Bellwood Street. “When I brought her over here, she said ‘I always appreciate you giving me a ride’, and she said ‘I love you.’ That was the last thing she said, and the next morning somebody called and said she had died,” Cummins explained. The Savannah Police Department said officers interviewed everyone involved, and the District Attorney’s office sent evidence to the crime lab, including the broken mirror pieces. However, only Ledlow’s DNA was found on it. “It’s hard to let go. You try. You pray for peace, and pray maybe someday you’ll know what happened. It just doesn’t seem to come,” Ledlow’s sister, Rhonda Culvers said. Culvers said her family can only hope something else will come along to give closure to her sister’s death. As for Ledlow’s children, “It’s just been an uphill battle, but the kids have been coming along now. That’s one good thing. They’re not so angry now and they’re doing a lot better,” Hardin said. Savannah Police Chief Gary Will Jr. said no death investigation is ever really closed until there’s a court determination. However, at this time, it’s not an active investigation. The TBI also confirmed they had a hand in the investigation, but it was very limited.

Categories: Local News, Video