Firefighters say Paris apartment blaze began in kitchen

HENRY COUNTY, Tenn. — Officials say a Tuesday morning fire that damaged a Paris apartment building started with a cooking accident. The fire took place in a single unit at Park Village Apartments and started as residents were cooking, according to the fire department. No one was hurt. After failed attempts to extinguish the fire, a resident threw the flaming dish out on the balcony where the flames spread onto an outside couch. Firewalls prevented the fire from spreading to other units, according to the department.

Categories: Local News