South Jackson home lost in fire Sunday night

SOUTH JACKSON, Tenn. — A house went up in flames Sunday night in South Jackson. The Jackson Fire Department says the home caught on fire around 7:30 Sunday night.
Screen Shot 2016-09-11 at 10.51.30 PM

Officials say the homeowner was grilling on the back porch, walked away and the side of the home caught on fire.

A neighbor called the Jackson Fire Department when they saw the house was on fire.

Firefighters say they believe the home is a total loss.

“We do understand that there’s a possible pet inside the house, but everyone got out just fine,” Battalion Chief Johnny Brantley said.

JEA was out at the scene to make sure there were no electrical problems for the street.

Firefighter’s are saying they believe the fire was accidental.

Categories: Local News, News, Video