Jackson Christian wraps up sale with ‘dollar day’

JACKSON, Tenn. — Jackson Christian wraps up its semi-annual consignment sale Monday in hopes of setting a new record.

JCS consignment saleLast spring, the event raised more than $125,000. Sellers receive 60 percent of the profit and the school receives the remaining 40 percent to use for various school programs.

Monday was dollar day. After noon until close, shoppers could buy two items for 50 cents each.

“You know what they say, one person’s junk is another person’s treasure,” said Melanie Brown, a math teacher at the school. “So you can always find something that you like, even a book.”

The sale ended Monday. The school’s next sale comes up next spring.

Categories: Local News, News