State announces grant applications deadline for preservation fund

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Tennessee’s Historic Preservation Office announced grant applications for the Historical Preservation Fund will be accepted beginning Nov. 1.

TN-Dept-of-Env--Consrvtn-Color-PMSTotal award funding is expected to reach up to $250,000.

Proposed projects should be based around the preservation plan ‘A Future for the Past: A Comprehensive plan for historic preservation in Tennessee.’

The selection process will emphasize projects such as architectural and archaeological surveys, design guidelines for historic districts, and restoration of historic buildings that are listed in the National Register and have a public use, according to a press release sent to WBBJ.

The proposed projects should include historic districts, site, buildings, structures and objects built before 1967 significant to Tennessee’s history.

Those who participate will be reimbursed up to 60 percent of the costs of the project. The remaining 40 percent must be paid by those who participate.

Applications for the grants will be available online at the Tennessee state website.

For more information, call 615-532-1550.

Finished applications are due by Jan. 31.






Categories: Seen On 7