Current event cancellations due to coronavirus
The following list of events have been cancelled or rescheduled due to coronavirus concerns. This page will be updated as new information is made available.
67th Annual World’s Biggest Fish Fry
Andrew Jackson Marathon:
- Rescheduled for Saturday, September 12, 2020.
- Dorothy and the Emerald City on March 21 and 22 (CANCELED).
Bemis Historical Society:
- Meeting scheduled for March 17 at 7 p.m. has been cancelled.
Black Out Cancer Event in Humboldt:
- Rescheduled for Saturday, July 11th.
- Dyersburg State Community College ,Tuesday, March 24th (CANCELED).
- West Hardin Elementary, Adamsville, Thursday, March 19th (CANCELED).
- Bells Elementary and Friendship Elementary for Tuesday, March 31st (CANCELED).
- Jackson State- Savannah scheduled for Wednesday, March 25th (CANCELED).
- Decatur County General Hospital, Monday, March 30th (CANCELED).
- AsceraCare Hospice McKenzie, Wednesday, March 25th (CANCELED).
- Jackson-Madison County General Hospital, Thursday, March 26th (CANCELED).
- Piggly Wiggly, Scott’s Hill, Friday, March 27th (CANCELED).
Classic Country Benefit featuring Leona Williams
Catholic Diocese of Memphis:
- Public celebration of the Holy Eucharist
City of Jackson events:
- Mayor’s Youth Council monthly meetings will be cancelled starting April 14.
- All Month of Miracles events are cancelled starting April 1.
Covenant Child Care
Delta Heritage Center
- Will remain closed through March 31. Reopening will be evaluated on that date.
Discovery Park of America:
- Closed March 31 to April 1.
Dyersburg Parks and Recreation:
- Dyersburg Activity Center, Bruce Recreation Center and Future City Recreation will be closed until further notice
- Athletic facilities for Dyersburg Parks and Recreation are also closed until further notice. No games, no practices and no outside use will be permitted.
- Facilities and park pavilion rentals have been cancelled. Rentals may be rescheduled at a later date or refunded.
- Closed until further notice.
East Jackson Church of Christ:
- Will not be meeting until further notice.
East Union Baptist Church:
- Cancelled until April 5.
Exit 57 Blues Fest
First Ladies’ Luncheon:
Hillcrest Baptist Church – Jackson:
- Sunday morning worship services will be streamed on Facebook for the next two weeks at www.face.com/hillcrestjacksontn
- All other meetings and activities are cancelled through the end of the month.
Jacob Barker Music Festival
- Postponed; will reschedule.
Jackson Chamber events:
- March 20 – Chamber Member Breakfast will not be held with an audience, but will broadcast live from EPlusTV 6 from 8 – 9 a.m. Community members will have the opportunity to submit, via text and email, questions before and during the live event.
- Leadership University Graduation scheduled for April 9th at Union University will be postponed.
Jackson Children and Teen’s Theater
- Seussical auditions postponed until August 17 and August 18.
Jackson Energy Authority:
- Customer Centers located at 351 Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. and 2030 Pleasant Plains Ext. will be closed to walk-ins effective March 18.
- Team store and box office closed until April 30.
Both Jackson-Madison County Library locations:
- Closed from March 18 to March 31.
The Jackson Symphony April Pops Concert:
- Rescheduled for June 25
JMCLibrary Board of Trustees:
- March 25 meeting (CANCELED). The next regular scheduled meeting will be April 22.
Jackson-Madison County School Board meeting:
- March 25 Long-Range Planning Committee meeting canceled
Jackson TN Dog Fanciers Association and the Tupelo Kennel Club dog shows:
Jonah Affordable Housing Organization
- Seventh Annual Community Showcase Affair rescheduled until June 12. Tickets for the original March 20 date will be honored. Time and location will remain the same.
- Offices will remain closed Friday, March 20 and Monday, March 23. Offices are expected to reopen on Tuesday, March 24 at 8 a.m.
Leaders Credit Union’s 62nd Annual Meeting
- March 24 meeting postponed
- Temporarily closed from March 17, 2020, to March 31.
- Closed until further notice.
- Ron Jewell-Mark Twain at Large Event Friday, March 20 (Postponed).
- Art Reception for the Artisan Trail Exhibit Tuesday, March 17 (CANCELED).
Medon Community Meeting
- March 24 Community meeting (Postponed)
Shiloh National Military Park:
- Park Visitor Center and Bookstore closed until further notice.
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency:
- The Tennessee Fish and Wildlife Commission meeting scheduled for March 27 has been cancelled.
- All TWRA shooting ranges are closed until further notice.
- All TWRA Hunter Education and Boating classes are cancelled until further notice.
- The 2020 National Archery in the Schools (NASP) State Tournament April 2-3 is cancelled.
The Blacksmith Restaurant:
- Temporarily closed.
Union City Schools:
- Union City High School Freshman Orientation – postponed indefinitely
- Junior class job shadowing – postponed indefinitely
- Union City Middle School science fair – postponed
- Union City Elementary School book fair – Rescheduled for the week of May 4
- Second grade musical – Rescheduled for May 5 at 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m. and 6 p.m.
Union University Hall of Fame Banquet
- Rescheduled for July 10
UofM Lambuth M.D. Anderson Planetarium
- All activities and events cancelled until further notice.
West Bemis Missionary Baptist Church
- Services will be cancelled for Sunday, March 22 and Wednesday, March 25.
West TN Go Red For Women:
- Rescheduled for July 9, 2020.
West Tennessee Strawberry Festival:
World’s Biggest Fish Fry:
WRAP’s 8th Annual Denim & Pearls:
- Rescheduled for August 22.
West Tennessee Delta Heritage Center
- Closed through March 31
West Tennessee Healthcare
- Board of Trustees meeting scheduled for March 31 is cancelled.