Couple loses everything in east Jackson house fire

JACKSON, Tenn. — An older couple in east Jackson has been left with nothing following a house fire.

Around 11 a.m. on Thursday, the Jackson Fire Department responded to a house fire on 300 Barham Street.

The fire left the home totaled, and killed 10 of the family’s dogs. The fire was caused by a space heater that was left on in the bedroom while the couple was away at the doctor.

The Jackson Animal Care Center is working to get the couple supplied with needed items, such as clothing, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant. The care center asks that the donations be travel sized.

Donations can be left at the Animal Care Center at 23 Pinnacle Drive in Jackson.

The center’s director, Whitney Owen will be there until 5 p.m. on Thursday and again on Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Clothing size for the couple is:

  • Size 32×32 in men’s, large shirts and coats, size 11 shoes and socks
  • Size 16/18 in women’s, large shirt/coat, size 9.5 in shoes and socks

The care center says that gift cards and meals, and any other items donated, are appreciated.

Find more local news here.

Categories: Local News, Madison County, News, Video