House fire in Newbern claims lives of family pets

[gtxvideo vid=”3nq0DJmc” playlist=”” pid=”OTSe9U1y” thumb=”http://player.gtxcel.com/thumbs/3nq0DJmc.jpg” vtitle=”Newbern Fatal Fire”]

NEWBERN, Tenn — Fire consumes the home of a Newbern couple and takes the lives of several furry family members. City officials said an electrical fire started in the attic Tuesday, then spread to the rest of the home. Though no humans were inside, neighbors said nine of the family’s dogs were inside, and were not able to get out, despite their best efforts. “We brought the dogs out one at a time, and I think that was a hard thing to see,” neighbor David Greer explained. “Maggie was out here, of course, she was loving on them and talking to them, and talking to them as we were bringing them out.” Fire officials aren’t yet sure if the home will be deemed a total loss.

Categories: Gallery