Clarksville girl saves little sister from choking
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. (AP) – An 11-year-old Clarksville girl has saved her younger sister from choking after learning first aid and CPR in a school program.
WKRN-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1vqDL90) Skylar Soutter was on her way home from the school bus stop when her 7-year-old sister, Shae, began choking on a piece of hard candy.
Skylar performed an abdominal thrust maneuver and dislodged the candy.
She had learned the technique at a class in early October, only a month before the Nov. 7 incident.
Skylar told the station she was frightened but knew she had to stay calm.
Mother Christy Soutter said she was proud of her daughter and grateful for the instructor who taught the class.