Chester Levee Home Consumed by Fire

A Jackson war veteran says it was by the grace of God his family was able to make it out of their burning home alive. According to the Jackson Fire Department, the blaze started Friday afternoon, and ended up consuming about thirty percent of the house. Officials do not know why it started, but the owners say since the house was built in the 1950’s, it could have been bad wiring. The homeowners credit their neighbors for knocking on the door and alerting them that their home was on fire. The owner, who goes by the name Forrest, says, “We got out in time because of the grace of God. My wife was getting ready to go to the YMCA and I was going to go to sleep.” Fire officials say the kitchen and bedroom were the two rooms damaged the worst. The homeowners tell us, luckily, they have insurance.

Categories: Local News, News