Milan BBQ restaurant damaged in weekend fire

[gtxvideo vid=”uYkCI9jJ” playlist=”” pid=”OTSe9U1y” thumb=”” vtitle=”Milan BBQ Fire”]

MILAN, Tenn. — A barbecue restaurant is temporarily operating out of a food truck after their building was damaged in a Sunday fire. New Life BBQ on North Main Street in Milan was the scene of a Sunday night blaze that fire officials believe was caused by electrical overheating, according to Milan Fire Chief Steve Dillard. No one was hurt in the fire that destroyed 20 to 25 percent of the building, according to Dillard. The rest of the building sustained significant smoke and heat damage. The fire call went out around 8:45 p.m., and the flames were under control by 11 p.m., according to the fire department.

Categories: Local News, News, Video